• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unbrick/Unroot LG Optimus F7 (Boost Mobile)

Still gets the "Failed PreviousLoad()".

THANK YOU for replying chev bro :)

The phone is continuously losing connection to PC at about the same interval as when I try to start normal and it restarts after"optimizing apps".

Seems like its still bootlooping and restarting in the background in Download Mode, but I can't verify that. I'm probably wrong, lol!

When I run LGMobile Support Tool it shows me having ZV4 Firmware with an update available, but it too keeps losing connection to my phone.

Upvote 0
Still gets the "Failed PreviousLoad()".

THANK YOU for replying chev bro :)

The phone is continuously losing connection to PC at about the same interval as when I try to start normal and it restarts after"optimizing apps".

Seems like its still bootlooping and restarting in the background in Download Mode, but I can't verify that. I'm probably wrong, lol!

When I run LGMobile Support Tool it shows me having ZV4 Firmware with an update available, but it too keeps losing connection to my phone.

No i understand how the drivers shows the phone is disconnected then reconnects and how you hear that sound every 30 seconds or so? thats normal i have that on mine too. But on mine whenever i connect my phone to my computer in download mode that happens to me everytime. what i dont get is the error that you get. When you select the files and hit the arrow button a popup comes up saying please wait or something like that and then it disappears. After that the next time i hear the sound on my computer telling me that the drivers have reconnected with the phone *same as what you're getting* the flash tool recognizes it and starts to restore the phone and you no longer hear the every 30 second sound that indicates the phone has reconnected. Try a different port on the flash tool and also try a different usb port. Remember to set up the port settings with the driver correctly after you have done that.

Upvote 0
Every few times I start in Download Mode the device seems to stay connected, without the 30 second disconnect.

UsbView20.exe in the LGFlash Tool folder shows my phone on RootHub Port 3.

So I wiped date and factory reset.
Uninstalled LGFlash Tool and USB Drivers, then reinstalled them.
Went into Download Mode until it stopped disconnecting.
In LGFlash Tool-Port Setting I checked only Port 3.
In Windows Device Manager set "LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port" to (COM43) to match "Port 3 (COM43)" in LGFlash?

Pressed Arrow icon and got a "Failed PreviousLoad()" again.

LGMobile Support Tool when I try to update it says my battery level is low and upgrade is unavailable.

Is there anything I can flash in stock recovery or Sideload that can lead me to a resolution?

I decided to root so I can give your FreeDom 2.0 a tester :)

P.S. - Plugged the USB Cable into different ports and reset settings to match.

Upvote 0
LGFlash Tool unbricked my LG870 with a freshly installed and updated Windows XP machine.
My failed attempts were with a Windows 7 machine, which I've installed a lot of device drivers and programs on over time.

I am now updated to ZV5 and sprung for SuperSU Pro :)
Tonight i'll adb fx1s-cwm.lok for recovery and backup.

Thank you sammyz for a very helpful thread.
And thank you chev for pointing me in the right direction.

Now that im ready to unbrick I can test for you and give feedback :)
I owe appreciation for all ive modded over the years and never created accounts to give feedback

others that read and download to make the best from their device should let the Dev's know their results

Upvote 0
Heres what worked for me... :)

-Downloaded and installed this driver:
LGUnitedMobileDriver_S50MAN310AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.10.1

LG Flash Tool v1.5.10.1120 installed to C:\LG\LGFlashTool

-Copied these files into that directory:
LG870_20130528_LGFLASHv151.dll
LG870ZV4_06.tot
MegaLock.dll
-the origional MegaLock.dll was in the directory, I deleted it and pasted the new MegaLock.dll there.

Then I ran the UsbView20.exe file in the directory.
Plugged my phone in different USB ports until it showed on PORT 1 in UsbView.

Powered off the phone and pulled the battery.
Held the "Volume Up" button and then plugged in the USB cord.
Kept holding the "Volume Up" until the phone displayed "Download Mode".

Opened up my computers "Device Manager".
Ticked "Ports (COM & LPT)" to see sub-menu.
-(may be different in yours)
Right-Clicked "LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM1)" and selected "Properties".
-(may be different in yours)
Pressed "Port Settings" tab.
Pressed "Advanced".
Selected "COM41" in COM Port Number.
Pressed "OK" to close Advanced Options.
Pressed "OK" at "COM name is being used" prompt.
Pressed "OK" to close Properties.
Closed Device Manager.

Started Flash Tool and made sure "Select Manual Mode" was checked.
In DLL pressed "..." and selected "LG870_20130528_LGFLASHv151.dll".
In S/W pressed "Add" and selected "LG870ZV4_06.tot".
Made sure "USB" in Connection Type was checked.
Pressed "OK".
Pressed the fourth icon from the left, looks like a plug.
Made sure only "1" was checked in "Port 1 ~ Port 16".
Pressed "OK".
Pressed the first icon from the left, looks like a yellow arrow pointing right.

Then I let it go, it restarted my phone after a short time.
Flash Tool showed an error but my phone was working correctly :)

Reactions: froto40 and rreoken
Upvote 0
All the file links are in sammyz first post.

You will need:
Drivers installed- https://www.box.com/shared/32c5t7fj2w8xcwr0krjo
LG Firmware: www.oudhitsquad.com/android/LGE/Firmware/LG870/LG870ZV4_06.zip
LG Flash Tool (read the Readme!): https://app.box.com/s/ua760vn52db4ainj92hb
LG DLL for LG Flash Tool: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LG870/ABMUBK/20130529_03/LG870_20130528_LGFLASHv151.zip

I tried 4 times and didn't get it to work at first, then I got it first try on a different computer.
You could also reboot ur pc and try with nothing else running.

Upvote 0
All the file links are in sammyz first post.

You will need:
Drivers installed- https://www.box.com/shared/32c5t7fj2w8xcwr0krjo
LG Firmware: www.oudhitsquad.com/android/LGE/Firmware/LG870/LG870ZV4_06.zip
LG Flash Tool (read the Readme!): https://app.box.com/s/ua760vn52db4ainj92hb
LG DLL for LG Flash Tool: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LG870/ABMUBK/20130529_03/LG870_20130528_LGFLASHv151.zip

I tried 4 times and didn't get it to work at first, then I got it first try on a different computer.
You could also reboot ur pc and try with nothing else running.
You think a virtual machine can do the job? ._. honestly I dont feel like reinstalling windows and I dont have another computer around.

Upvote 0
I used to get that error too but everything seemed to work find. I guess its just a useless error. I'm moving on to a new phone, I tried with friends' computers but I keep on getting the same s**t. Well this is my goodbye for this forum. Wish all of you luck with this piece of s**t phone.

What are you gonna do with the phone? If you have no plans to sell it don't let it lay around to waste donate it to a developer for building roms;). That's if it can be salvage.

Upvote 0
Alright bro, Do you want the phone? If yes then I'll see if I'm able to send it to you.

Actually I was thinking of sending it to Playfulgod. If he gets one and is able to bring it back to life, he might be able to give the f7 a taste of cm11. If you are able to send the phone please let me know and we will work out the details thanks bro. This could be the start of something good. Lol how did you brick the phone?

Upvote 0
Actually I was thinking of sending it to Playfulgod. If he gets one and is able to bring it back to life, he might be able to give the f7 a taste of cm11. If you are able to send the phone please let me know and we will work out the details thanks bro. This could be the start of something good. Lol how did you brick the phone?
Alright, I'm stilll trying to fix it but no luck xD lmao Probably in the weekend I'll be getting a new phone and I'll message you to work something out on how am I gonna send it. And honestly idk something must have happened when I installed the recovery and the freedom kernal and I'm pretty sure I did something wrong. Everything got deleted from my sd card pictures, music, backups, and my contacts -.- but whatever cx I dont want to do this but these are my options either galaxy s4 or an iPhone 5s D;

Upvote 0
Alright, I'm stilll trying to fix it but no luck xD lmao Probably in the weekend I'll be getting a new phone and I'll message you to work something out on how am I gonna send it. And honestly idk something must have happened when I installed the recovery and the freedom kernal and I'm pretty sure I did something wrong. Everything got deleted from my sd card pictures, music, backups, and my contacts -.- but whatever cx I dont want to do this but these are my options either galaxy s4 or an iPhone 5s D;

Yikes that's a lot of data deleted. When you try to turn it on what happens? Where is it stuck at? GALAXY S4. KitKat soon not to mention that device gets love from all devs and has tons of AOSP ROMS like cyanogenmod and more. Or if you're scaredy cat, you can go to the iPhone 5s

Upvote 0
Bro Bro no I ain't no scaredy cat. And I have way more expierience with samsung. LG was something new to me. And sometimes it will turn on but the screen will be off or sometimes it goes directly to download mode. It gets me frustrated so I just gave up. I'm surelly gonna miss all my pics .__.

Haha good, well if it makes it into download mode then it should be able to be salvage. Don't have any extra computers to try the flash took on with it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones