• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unbrick/Unroot/Update LG Connect

Dunno if it would or not. But there is no point in the old method where people had to download a 3+ GB VHD file to unbrick...that was kinda dumb..

Okay let me rephrase. I didn't use anyone else's VDI, although I did see that somewhere. I run a windows guest VM on an ubuntu host. And when I connect my phone to the VM, it crashes and does a memory dump.

Upvote 0
Okay let me rephrase. I didn't use anyone else's VDI, although I did see that somewhere. I run a windows guest VM on an ubuntu host. And when I connect my phone to the VM, it crashes and does a memory dump.

I have a similar setup Windows VM/Gentoo Host. I also had an issue with the VM crashing when connecting the phone and trying to flash. I solved it by using a 32bit OS in the VM instead of 64bit. Not sure why this worked but I tried both VMWare and VirtualBox with 64bit OSes and they did not work. Once I put a 32bit OS on them both worked.

Upvote 0
I have a similar setup Windows VM/Gentoo Host. I also had an issue with the VM crashing when connecting the phone and trying to flash. I solved it by using a 32bit OS in the VM instead of 64bit. Not sure why this worked but I tried both VMWare and VirtualBox with 64bit OSes and they did not work. Once I put a 32bit OS on them both worked.

That's interesting to keep in mind, my WindowsVM is 32bit anyways though. In the end, plugging into a usb3.0 port instead of usb2.0 was the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones