1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root Unbricking this Phone and Warnings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sammyz, Jan 23, 2013.

1. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Jun 3, 2011
    Male
    Video Production
    Sunrise, Fl
    I'll make an unbrick guide for this phone as soon as someone gets me a Serial Number (after or before release).

Benefts of an Unbrick Guide:

• Unbrick (so you can test as many root methods as you can)
    • Unroot
    • Fix software related defects where LG screwed up flashing the firmware the first time
    • Downgrade (after updates are released)

Warning:

When testing root methods already available, make sure that the root method DOES NOT contain a recovery.img or a recovery of any kind (unless you are advanced in your knowledge of android phones and you know what you're doing).
    If you do test it and it does actually flash the recovery image that came with the root package, you will most likely brick or even perma-brick. Only people who know what they're doing should test root methods that are already available. If you permanently brick a $250+ phone, there is nothing we can do.

Also, the LG Motion root will not brick you, I tested it on my Optimus M, it didn't root it, but it didn't brick. But in all likelihood, LG probably patched that root method.

As soon as I have a serial number, this thread will be locked by a mod.
    Please keep discussion of rooting the phone out of this thread. Start a new thread if you want. Thank you all. :)

Edit: Serial Number found :D
    Unbrick guide shall be created,
    This thread shall be locked,
    People shall find a root without bricking their phones (or being stuck at a brick) ;)

Advertisement

Shikki1985 and twogbsd like this.
Tags: