1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock LG Spirit 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sammyz, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Android Addict

Android Addict Android Enthusiast

Yeah basically. Due to the fact that you're reinstalling the stock firmware on your phone because of the brick. I disliked this at first but soon realized that I would rather lose certain files than be stuck with a phone that doesnt boot at all. Sometimes you have to look at the bright side :) And by the way you're only losing things that were stored in your internal sd card, not your external sd card which is why certain things are still there and others are not.

CodzKilla415 likes this.
  2. CodzKilla415

CodzKilla415 Newbie

Thats what im hoping for so i can get my phone completely back to the way it was. got about 5 minutes left on the KDZ file. Hopefully this time it works. Thanks again for helping me through this. If i need further assistance ill be sure to reply back to this forum. Thanks man. Have a good night.

Android Addict likes this.
  3. Android Addict

Okay just make sure you know when it is done. It will stop and look like it starts back over to 1 but it is really stopped. I'm glad I could help, have a great night. If you need further assistance feel free to send me a PM or you can post here and me or someone else could assist you as soon as we can! :)

CodzKilla415 likes this.
  4. GameTheory

GameTheory Android Expert

No... This is just to unbrick your phone and restore missing stock apps. In the ROMs Nova is a system app, so you'll need a root explorer to delete it from the /system/app folder. Also with root explorer you must go to /data folder and delete eri.xml. Once you've done these steps then go to system settings, backup & reset, then factory data reset leaving SD card unchecked. This will remove the remainder user data. Done!

Also, the first time you rooted this phone and installed recovery you were supposed to do a backup of stock in the recovery and keep it safe somewhere like on your PC. That way you can always return to stock easily even when you brick. When bricked you can get into recovery with the button combo and restore a backup and boom, you're no longer bricked. That's the easy way!

Buttom combo:
    Reboot phone and before it powers on again...
    Hold volume down and power at same time and keep holding it till you get a prompt. Then you'll get a screen asking if you want to reset. Agree by pressing power then confirm by pressing power again. This will not reset, instead it will boot you into recovery.

MrJavi and Android Addict like this.
  5. Android Addict

Yep, listen to GT. Unfortunately I never make backups and probably wont ever make one unless I have important files on my phone because i'm super hardcore :D

6. CodzKilla415

CodzKilla415 Newbie

Does this only work if you made the saved a recovery? Because I didnt :(.

7. GameTheory

If you're bricked you can restore any backup or flash any spirit rom from recovery to get out of brick.

8. CodzKilla415

CodzKilla415 Newbie

I downloaded like 3 different root file explorers and none of them can find the nova app or the eri.xml.

So what do I do? /: just do the backup and reset?

Finally worked! :) All i needed to do was Re-root hen delete the app data for nova then the eri.xml and the reset.

9. Scuttlebug

Scuttlebug Newbie

Needing help! I finally tried to root my phone and the next day, it said security error!! Tried downloading these downloads and got error messages! Was wondering if you could tell me, another link to get these downloads from? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you

10. Since win xp sucked with drivers, I dual booted my computer, got windows 7, and everything worked out ok. I just dont know what is the deal with 64 bit not working. 32 bit it appears only works (on my behalf)

11. My phone isn't bricked, but it takes a long time to boot, most apps wont respond (including the homescreen), and even if i turn on usb debugging and have the drivers installed, my computer only detects it as an unknown device :/.

12. jlede

jlede Android Expert

Factory reset it see if that helps

I don't know what else to do I don't know your setup on your phone or computer so sorry if I'm not much help

13. fufanux

fufanux Newbie

I am also getting phone not found when trying to use the "Launch Software update" in download mode. Any suggestions? I am trying to recover from a security error at LG screen - cannot boot.

14. GameTheory

Sounds like you may need to reinstall the drivers for this phone on your PC from LG...

LG MS870 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

;)

MrJavi likes this.
  15. fufanux

fufanux Newbie

Hey, thanks for the reply. I posted a new thread on this and have indeed installed the current drivers from the lg site - also tried using the support tool, swapping cables, etc. Odin not seeing phone either.

16. fufanux

fufanux Newbie

3.8 drivers installed:

[​IMG]

17. aboatright

aboatright Android Expert

After installing drivers did you reboot your computer?

18. MrEpic1337

MrEpic1337 Lurker

Thanks so much, I made the mistake of uninstalling Google Play Music because I wanted to use Apollo as my Music Player.

19. nickc1998

nickc1998 Lurker

this wont work for me and i have no idea whats wrong with it, i just went to plug it in one night and it stopped working, i got a new battery and i still wont work... anyone with any solutions please email me at nikcallahan45@gmail.com

20. kosmelisko

kosmelisko Lurker

I reinstall lg driver x times and still not working
    upload_2015-8-30_23-35-19.png
    im desperate

21. GameTheory

The drivers from the first post are old. I'm hosting the new lg drivers in the following link. See if you have better luck with these...
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347802528

Uninstall the old drivers first and then reboot your PC before installing the new drivers.

MrJavi likes this.
  22. kosmelisko

kosmelisko Lurker

st
    Still the same problem. I must try it from another PC :(

23. gdSpirit

gdSpirit Lurker

Two years later, this is still the best thread about LG Spirit unbricking. Thanks sammyz.
    I'm going to receive my LG Spirit now, in 2015, and the first thing I wanna do is remove the branded firmware. So restoring to factory default with a different stock ROM seems the right thing to do.
    Can anyone please suggest me a stock rom without any brand and idoneous to european "environment"? Is the one indicated in the first sammyz's post completely unbranded?
    Thanks and sorry for delay ;)

24. Kokusho

Kokusho Lurker

I bick my LG SPIRIT 4G, I try to unbrick the phone with this and more other guide but kdz stopped to work here.. View attached file

Attached Files:

25. Mark_S1

Mark_S1 Lurker

HI
    I have problem , have not good firmware , program says " extract file error" And stop. My phone only LG lpgo and " boot veryfication fail " different hash" anyone help me ?

LG Spirit 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews