1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Uncap the 910 915 stupid internet throttle

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by damulta, Oct 23, 2011.

1. damulta

damulta Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Does anyone know if we can do this? I get nailed by R915 Cricket about one week in the month to stupid SLOW internet speeds. I called and BEGGED to buy more data with a no no and no even though they offer 3g 7gb plans for home users. Yet, no smartphones get kicked at 1Gb WTF?

Anyways....
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD] Data Service Governer Killer - Updated with How To:
    Or

xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD] Data Service Governer Killer - Updated with How To:
    So if anyone knows how too do this, and stick it too the man....I want too be one of those men sticking it too them!

Advertisement

2. softtech

softtech Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    No, you don't want to stick it to the man. You want to steal service.

At least be up-front and honest about it instead of trying to wrap it in some form where it's noble somehow...

Sheesh

3. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2011
    importer/exporter/gravedigger
    NYC
    speak for yourself softtech i would be intersted in this as well im tired of paying for 4G when the actual speed of it is no where near 4g speeds i get 1.3mb up and down and its always been like this begining or end of the month so i would love to know as well if its capable to uncap this cap

4. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    This file is not of much help to us.
    Capped can be done 2 ways. One is an upper limit on the amount of data, that is what that program supposedly addresses. The other, is a limit on the available bandwidth/speed at which the data is being downloaded. That is a network dependent setting. That would be the problem we are facing. And it's a server-side issue. Therefore, a client-side app will not help much.
    Since metro doesn't really have a meter with how much data we actually are using at the moment, we are not being option-1-capped. If that makes sense. Geez, we need new terms for these! :D

damulta likes this.
  5. damulta

damulta Member

Jul 24, 2011
    See my Cricket is unlimited. It says so in my contract, and when they slow me 10k a sec download. I see them in not giving me what I payed for. Yea I can see them slowing me down, but I would like too see it only cut down too ISDN speeds. So I could still watch youtube, netflix blababla. This trottle down is set for email speed class only.

So if the cap could be lifted I think I would be ok with it only unlocking cap trottle speeds too 128k a sec. It would let me play my PS3 with no lag even at that speed. Just download times would really increase. Which is what I belive in what the fair rights contract is that I signed up with them on. Cause it would allow my smart phone too be a smart phone not a wifi mini tablet.....

It's not stealing if it was done that way.....

6. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Male
    curious, aren't we?
    Orlando, Fl
    If cricket caps data

7. k0nane

k0nane Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Male
    I do stuff, with things
    The throttle service has already been removed in Basix.

8. damulta

damulta Member

Jul 24, 2011
    ok,but thats 910 only corret? Is there a file i can flash onto the 915 to get uncapped?

9. k0nane

k0nane Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Male
    I do stuff, with things
    Not at this time.