1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Uncommon Sense won't recoqnice Google account.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The Wolf Sage, Apr 20, 2011.

1. The Wolf Sage

The Wolf Sage Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    So in my ever continuing quest to find a ROM that works for me I think I may have finally found it, Uncommon Sense 1.1 I think it's an older ROM but it's exactly what I'm looking for, the stability of Sense but the launcher and lock screen look like AOSP Android. I flashed it last night and I loved it but I had a huge problem, so huge I went back and loaded a nandroid of my previous ROM, Senseless rEVOlution. When I loaded the ROM for the first time I loaded the ROM it wouldn't let me enter my Google account information. The option to do so was greyed out and when I tried to select it nothing happened, though it still let me enter the information for my Comcast.net email account. Then when I tried to open the market and the Gmail apps I immediately was sent back to the home screen, I didn't even get a forced close error. I went into settings>accounts and sync and found no option to add a Google account. I checked all my running applications but there was no opstion to update or uninstall the market (version 2.2.7). As a last resort I went to the web based market to download Astro file manager to my hone but it said that it was already installed and wouldn't let me install it again. I tried downloading another file manager (I forget what it's called) but it never downloaded to my phone. Finally I jut got fed up and restored my nandroid of Senseless rEVOlution. Not only did everything work the way it should but that other file manager had downloaded to my Senseless rEVOlution nandroid backup somehow. I really don't get it. I really want to use this ROM but this problem needs to be solved first. Doed anyone have know what the problem might be? Shoulf I unsync my Google account from Senseless rEVOlution and flash Uncommon Sense again?

Oh and I should mention that I culdn't get any of the apps and widgets that were installed, like the HTC colck widget, to recognixe my location. This too was fixed upon loading the Senseless rEVOlution nandroid.

Advertisement

2. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Long Island
    I don't have experience with those particular ROMs, but just so you don't feel ignored :)
    1. did you do a full wipe before flashing (data, cache, Dalvik)?
    2. Did you restore any system data with Titanium?