• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Undecided

rmarie26

Jan 7, 2012
Does anyone have any advice on which carrier is better for prepaid? I have Virgin Mobile but I am thinking about switching to Straight Talk cuz they run on Verizon and AT&T. If someone can give me advice on which one is better I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
:)

What is it you are looking for in switching your prepaid carrier? Better price? Batter coverage? Better phone? Better Customer Service? Do you really need full on unlimited or can a pay as you go model suffice? There is a lot of factors to consider in selecting any carrier but I think the prepaid market has a lot more differentiators to consider (or maybe just more granular mix/matching of features).

Upvote 0
What is it you are looking for in switching your prepaid carrier? Better price? Batter coverage? Better phone? Better Customer Service? Do you really need full on unlimited or can a pay as you go model suffice? There is a lot of factors to consider in selecting any carrier but I think the prepaid market has a lot more differentiators to consider (or maybe just more granular mix/matching of features).

I am thinking about switching prepaid service depending on coverage. I have Virgin Mobile that runs off the Sprint network now. The coverage is okay (Los Angeles, CA) but I was curious to know if Straight Talk is a better choice for coverage, unlimited etc..

Upvote 0
I am thinking about switching prepaid service depending on coverage. I have Virgin Mobile that runs off the Sprint network now. The coverage is okay (Los Angeles, CA) but I was curious to know if Straight Talk is a better choice for coverage, unlimited etc..

I haven't heard the best feedback from Sprint's service but you hardly ever hear people complaining about Verizon, I say your best bet would be to, like Dan said, post in the carrier subforum for Straight Talk and see if anyone in that area really enjoys or dislikes it :)

Here ya go: Straight Talk Forum

Upvote 0
I haven't heard the best feedback from Sprint's service but you hardly ever hear people complaining about Verizon, I say your best bet would be to, like Dan said, post in the carrier subforum for Straight Talk and see if anyone in that area really enjoys or dislikes it :)

Here ya go: Straight Talk Forum

Thank you for your help.. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones