1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Undecided

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by rmarie26, Dec 27, 2012.

1. rmarie26

rmarie26 Newbie

Does anyone have any advice on which carrier is better for prepaid? I have Virgin Mobile but I am thinking about switching to Straight Talk cuz they run on Verizon and AT&T. If someone can give me advice on which one is better I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

First off welcome to the forums :)

Personally I dont have any experience with Prepaid, but have heard good things about Straight Talk.

3. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

with all carriers... location is very very important..
    every carrier has holes in their coverage. some more than others in different cities.

so you need to ask about where you live and work... post in the carrier sub-forums.

4. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

What is it you are looking for in switching your prepaid carrier? Better price? Batter coverage? Better phone? Better Customer Service? Do you really need full on unlimited or can a pay as you go model suffice? There is a lot of factors to consider in selecting any carrier but I think the prepaid market has a lot more differentiators to consider (or maybe just more granular mix/matching of features).

5. rmarie26

rmarie26 Newbie

I am thinking about switching prepaid service depending on coverage. I have Virgin Mobile that runs off the Sprint network now. The coverage is okay (Los Angeles, CA) but I was curious to know if Straight Talk is a better choice for coverage, unlimited etc..

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

I haven't heard the best feedback from Sprint's service but you hardly ever hear people complaining about Verizon, I say your best bet would be to, like Dan said, post in the carrier subforum for Straight Talk and see if anyone in that area really enjoys or dislikes it :)

Here ya go: Straight Talk Forum

7. rmarie26

rmarie26 Newbie

Thank you for your help.. :D