1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Understanding Bluetooth headphone binding under Froyo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Travisimo, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Travisimo

Travisimo Android Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2010
    USA
    I remember reading somewhere about changes made in Froyo in how it manages headset binding in apps. In my case, I'm referring to my Bluetooth headphones that I use almost daily to listen to music and podcasts.

I use an app called Doggcatcher to listen to podcasts. There are several options in the app to control headset binding and I have them all turned on because I want the app to always have control of my headset when it is running. Under 2.1, this worked fine. As long as the app was running, I could press a button on my headphones to start and stop podcasts, etc.

With 2.2, it seems hit or miss. Many times, when I press the button on my headphones, it will open the stock Music app and start playing music even though I still have Doggcatcher running and I haven't changed any settings from 2.1. A little while longer, then it will be fine again where pressing the headphones button will start and stop Doggcatcher instead of the stock music app.

I can't figure out a pattern here. I thought maybe it would revert back to the music app if Doggcatcher stopped running, but I know for sure it is still running because it's only been about 30 seconds or so since I paused the podcast.

Anyway, does anyone know how this is supposed to work under Froyo? I really don't use the stock music app much at all anyway. But when I'm listening to my podcasts, I really need to be able to start and stop them with the button on my headphones. So I either need to figure out how to UNbind the stock music app (probably not possible), or how to keep the binding to Doggcatcher when I'm using it.

Advertisement