• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Understanding Droid X Memory

Thank you everyone for your great tips on how to get the most from my Droid X. I still am having trouble understanding memory usage and a couple of the numbers I am seeing. Under SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>RUNNING SERVICES, at the bottom of the screen I see "Avail:21MB+152MB in 44, Other: 117MB in 11." Please tell me what that all means. Is it something to do with the RAM? How much RAM is best to have available?

I have ASTRO and love it for my files but can't seem to find a clear reading of RAM usage. I also have this App called "Linda Manager" and in the Task Manager page of that app under Performance it says my free memory is 55.74MB. I don't even want to keep the Linda Manager but it's the only place I think I can find the RAM out.

Grateful for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones