• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Understanding Local Search

Long press the menu button on your phone to open up the search app. That app can search the Web as well as local files and apps on my phone. On some devices that functionality was limited, although I believe it was brought back again.

Only on the international handsets. The North American variants will not have universal search returned. At least, not until Jelly Bean is released with Google Now.

Upvote 0
Long press the menu button on your phone to open up the search app. That app can search the Web as well as local files and apps on my phone. On some devices that functionality was limited, although I believe it was brought back again.

thanks, I was actually wondering how you could tell the difference. I did the update and I can still call & send text via google search also I can still search the internet. Is the local part just doing away with opening apps and files related to the phone? Thanks again for the help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones