1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root understanding root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thehulk20, Aug 9, 2011.

1. thehulk20

thehulk20 Member
    None

Dec 4, 2010
    N'awlins
    Not going into specifics, but my wife is about to get herself a iphone 4. She really liked it...blah..blah..blah. I am currently using a DROID x. Thanks to powers that be and a frozen computer system, I had no choice but to upgrade to gingerbread via the ota. Needless to say, I lost root capabilities. I am not in the mood nor do I have the equipment to sbf my x to re-root.
    That been said, I was going to let the wife get her iphone and I was going to take her fascinate. I am going to take her fascinate because it can still be rooted. Besides...my x is acting up again.
    Anyway, I have the basic knowledge of rooting as far as it concerns the x, however, I have noticed terms and phrases that I am unfamiliar with in regards to root for the fascinate.
    Is it just "different terms" or is the rooting process totally different from the x? Also, I have messed around with my wife's fascinate so I am not totally hating the phone at all. I know each and every device has its quirks and its pros and cons as well as those who talk good about it and bad about it. Does rooting the fascinate make a significant difference in the performance? Thus far from what I have read...it seems rooting makes it a totally different and great performing device .

Advertisement

2. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH
    The fassy is extremely easy to root. My advice is to go to the CM7 rom with Glitch kernel. Rooting process is here ***READ THIS!!!!!!*** Going from CM7/MIUI/OMFGB to another rom/Unbricking your device - xda-developers kernel is here [KERNEL][CM7/MIUI][16/07/11] Glitch V11.1 final -1.7GHz OC/UV-Voodoo-Smooth and fast - xda-developers and then rom install is here [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (fascinatemtd) pretty-much-official build 11.1 - [07/18/11] - xda-developers

Well the first link isnt exactly a rooting process, but it is the same but after the reboot in the first link odin the CWM and then do a 3 finger salute and install the ROM