1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Undo "forget this device" bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bgn, Jul 6, 2013.

1. bgn

bgn Lurker

I accidentally selected "forget this device" for a bluetooth speaker device when what I really wanted to do was unpair the device. I am now unable to get the Xoom to see the device. How do I undo the "forget this device" for a bluetooth speaker (or other bluetooth) device?

Motorola Xoom with Android 4.1.2.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marctronixx

delete it from the list and re-add it.

3. bgn

bgn Lurker

It does not appear in the list, so I cannot delete it from the list.

When I ask to "search for devices", the device does not appear, despite the fact that it is next to me and flashing that it is desperately looking for mobiles with which to pair, and of course appeared previously because I had previously paired with it. I presume that the "forget this device" command has listed the speaker device in a config file somewhere on my Xoom as something to ignore in the future, and I need to undo that listing. I have found forums describing how to undo this in IOS, but not android. I was hoping that this forum might offer guidance for navigating this situation in android.

4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Have you tried a soft reboot? Hold the power and volume down and up until it reboots. Then see if your device shows up. Also reboot the Bluetooth device.

bgn likes this.
  5. bgn

bgn Lurker

The soft reboot worked, almost.

I can now see the device just as I did before I accidentally deleted it from the list, but now when I try to pair with it, I get the message "Couldn't pair with RDP-XF300iP because of an incorrect PIN or passkey". This is rather odd, because I connected with this device (a Sony RDP-XF300iP radio/iPod dock/bluetooth speaker) many, many times before and never needed a PIN or passkey. I use it as an external speaker for the Xoom. I've checked the user manual for the device, and do not see any mention of a PIN or passkey (which does not surprise me, because I never needed one).

How can I have an incorrect PIN or passkey when the device with which I'm trying to pair does not have any capability for setting a PIN or passkey?

6. bgn

bgn Lurker

I've overcome the "incorrect pin or passkey" problem. The problem was with the Sony speaker, not the Xoom. Had to tweak it a bit to get it listening for papiring requests.

Problem solved. Thanks again. Good to know about the soft reboot in case of other odd behavior.

OutOfPhase likes this.