1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Unethical or Illegal?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ima Zombie, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Ima Zombie

Ima Zombie Lurker

So I got to thinking. I owned an apple ipod before I owned my android. I bought plenty of apps on my ipod. Now that I pretty much only use my android, it would be nice to have some of those apps on my android. So, would it be illegal to use ***** to download those apps onto my android that I had already purchased on my ipod? Why should I have to pay twice for the same app? Since I already paid for the app, shouldnt that mean that I can get the app on any device? Just curious what people have to say about this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

To be clear, we do NOT allow piracy to be discussed on this forum.

Also, to be clear, you are not purchasing the game/app, you are purchasing a LICENCE to use the game/app on a given device or system.

So... regardless of how many apps you have for your ipod, you would need to legally repurchase them (or contact the developer in hopes they give you a version for free). Pirating them cannot and will not be discussed on these forums though. :)

Edit: Another user also suggested via PM to me "You could email the dev and see if they can revoke your itunes purchase and apply the cost to the Play store."