• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uneven audio levels when video recording on Galaxy S7

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have been using mobile videography to shoot daily vlogs for some time now. I recently picked up a Galaxy S7 because it's camera is god tier recording. Except I noticed after loading up the days recorded footage that while wearing headphones, the sound was louder in one ear than the other and that the audio levels are COMPLETELY uneven. I've NEVER had to deal with that on any other smartphone I've used for vlogging. What is the cause of this? and more so how do I fix it? I've googled and googled and found nothing on this topic. I'm almost ready to just take it back and switch to an iPhone, that's how aggravated I am with Samsung atm.

Here is a snapshot of the audio levels doing a test recording with the footage loaded into Adobe Premiere. FYI: Premiere is NOT the issue here. It's the recorded audio from the phone that is the issue.

http://i.imgur.com/yClxYds.png - Picture of uneven audio levels.

Bumping this post to reiterate this problem. I was using a Galaxy S7 myself and tried it once for vlogging before realising this audio-recording issue.

In the end, I went with investing in a proper compact so I at least had control over simple audio (or the option to put an external microphone into the camera.) If you haven't already made the leap to getting a "proper" camera for your vlogs, it's worth checking out resources like vloggingcamera.com for advice on what the best quality (and most affordable) vlogging camera is for you.

Good luck! Also -- where can I see some of your vlogs? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones