1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Uneven screen brightness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sleezecheeze, Feb 9, 2017.

1. sleezecheeze

sleezecheeze Well-Known Member

Hi,

For some reason my Galaxy Tab S2 has a really uneven brightness on the bottom half and top edges of the screen. However this only appears while displaying certain colors and will not appear on a screen test or backlight bleed test. It is shockingly apparent while using the device in the dark and while using apps with a grey background. Watching movies in a dark setting is almost impossible as the whole right side of the screen has a washed out greenish hue and it even introduces artifacts.

I contacted Samsung and they said that they will assess the device however if they deem there is no fault I will be charged. I am worried that if I send it back the fault will not show on a screen test, as I have done many different screen test apps and for some reason it does not show, only very faintly on certain colors. Grey is the worst, darkish blues and greens are bad too.

I am going to take the device back to the retailer however I fear that they will fail to see the issue under the flourescent lighting in the shop, and that they will say it's normal because it doesn't happen on a black background.

Photo of a netflix menu that is one shade of grey - https://i.imgur.com/CkDcrAU.jpg

Interested as to if someone else has encountered this before?

Cheers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast

I would be more concerned about that ghostly hand in the bottom left corner of your tablet (in landscape mode). I would return any haunted tablet without hesitation.

#2 funpig, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  3. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast

All led screens will have some brightness variations. Some technical reviews will show the brightness measurements in their reviews. I went to the same netflix page and looked at it in the dark without any ambient light reflection. I could not notice any difference at first. When i looked hard, maybe the edges looked brighter.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 8.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 5433 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews