• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unexpected Battery Problem

Eris Ed

Android Expert
Jul 20, 2010
Manchester, UK
Strange thing happened with my phone over the last 2 nights. First, the battery level was about 95% when I went to bed and was at around 50% when I woke up 7 hours later (Phone was on but not left on charge). Last night it was at 49% and this morning it had turned off due to a drained battery.

I'm happy with the battery life as I get 18-36hrs depending on usage, but this recent drain is not normal. I usually lose between 5-10% over night.

I know there are a number of possible causes for the increased battery drain and I'm not asking for suggestions. What I need is something that will tell me what app is draining the battery. I want to identify the cause.

I have spare parts but I don't think the battery info is provides can identify an individial app.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the battery drain is fine during the day, it's increased overnight for the last 2 nights with the phone on in standby.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones