1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

unexpected but important applications.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MouseLuckyDog, Apr 28, 2012.

1. MouseLuckyDog

MouseLuckyDog Member
    None

Apr 14, 2012
    In a few months I will be getting my first android tablet ( WiFi only ). I would like to plan out what to get. Aside from expected apps-- ebook reader,web browser, note taker, pim, mail reader etc. "Documents to Go", scanner software what particular apps did you find you could not do without that you didn't even think of before you got it?

Can you specify what the application does as well as the application itself?

As an example that occured to me browsing Android applications. Since I'm WiFi only there will be many times that I don't have connectivity. At those times widgets that require connectivity would look bad. So I would want to have two "profiles". One when I have connectivity and one when I do not. So some kind of application that lets me have profiles and manage them would be useful. Another application would be something to back things up.

Anyway, I know that I want the expected apps, basically that is why I am getting the tablet in the first place. I'm interested in the apps that I would want that I haven't planned on.

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    1. Tablified Market. It's a privately maintained market for Tablet apps.

2. SignNow is a free app that allows users to open .PDF files and add things like your signature, then save or share the file. The larger screen size really helps here.

3. Apps that do video (Crackle, TV. Com, etc)

4. Google Currents. This app is BOSS. You can choose web content from within Currents or search for unaffiliated websites, and it reformats them to look like magazines.

5. If you're into comics, Marvel and DC both have apps, and there should be some other unofficial apps for it too.

coydroid likes this.