• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unfavorable review posted by Infoworld

This guys is totally an apple fan boy, I don't think he really researched this phone more so than read the reviews online. Oh he forgot to mention the 4s didn't even bother to incorporate 4g LTE technology. They are going to save that for next year when all the I-Sheep line up again to throw away their crappy 4s phones.

Upvote 0
The phone isn't perfect, not sure what volume issue you speak of, but they did fix something related to the volume and 2g service in the latest patch 4.0.2. The baseline has already been scheduled with the fix to radio issues in 4.0.3. The article is just so utterly biased. Especially the line eluding to the "handful" of people experiencing iphone battery issues. That was a major issue touching almost every phone! If your going to do a review for a phone and get respect you have to take your biased views and throw them out the window and look at the phone from neutral ground. This dude at info world was obviously assigned the task of reviewing this phone, he took out his way super cool i-phone 4s looked up a few reviews online and then proceeded to give a less than honest review of the phone. Poor journalism is all.

Upvote 0
You can disagree with it all you want. I won't even read it. The fact of the matter is that ICS is not prime time yet, the radio issue is real, and there is a volume issue.

None of the problems you listed are because of ICS.

I have the GSM version and I am not experiencing the radio issue you guys are, volume is quite on stock ringtones but that is Samsung and has nothing to do with the OS.

Most of this will be fixed for you with an update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones