1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unfixable power bug in Atrix and Bionic?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bearly, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Bearly

Bearly Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010

Advertisement

2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    shipwrestler12 likes this.
  3. Bearly

Bearly Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Yeah, I saw that after I posted, but I personally do not trust the manufacturer "reassuring" the public. Why would the mfgr admit to such a thing?

I bet it exists, they downplay it but still try to "fix" it in the meantime. Know what I mean?

So far, this phone has some things against it:

1) locked bootloader (allegedly)
    2) No gyroscope (come on, moto)
    3) Pentile Matrix display
    4) Possible power/heating issues

:(

4. Lars

Lars Android Expert
    None

The xoom has an unlocked bootloader fyi

5. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Territory Manager
    P.S.

I don't know why they would go on the record and say it is not a problem, since they would have a shitfire storm of PR if they were caught later on having known about it and lied about it.

The bad PR later is not worth making a couple people happy at this moment...

6. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    The way I understood it was a "source" initially reported the info. Moto never came straight out and said it, but I suppose they had to put out a statement to address it. It was said that source did work for them, so I imagine this prob did exist. I haven't been over to the Atrix forums, but I'm sure they'd be aware of it by now, if it still exists.

I def hate the locked bootloader thing. And I don't know why more manufactorers don't put gyroscopes in their phones, it's not like these aren't capable phones. And while I'm not sure about the screens, just to compare, my g/f's DInc is def brighter than my Droid's, but when you look at say the Market, icons are no way near as crisp as they are on the Droid. That and her phone is completely unusable in sunlight. The Droid isn't great, but you can somewhat see.

7. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    I own the atrix and I'll say the following to your list:
    1) yes, it sucks to have a locked bootloader, but I came from the Captivate and Nexus one. I would do a new rom almost every week. For the captivate, it NEEDED to be modded for the phone to work well. The Atrix is pretty damn good right out the box, especially with the easy root. Motoblur does not hinder anything for me.

2) really? even the iPhone 4, not many things actually use the gyroscope at all. If you're talking about games, I really dislike even accelerometer games.

3) The only downside of the screen on the Atrix is the shitty yellows - it looks like a dark orange. Other than that, I have no problems with the display. Remember, I came from the Captivate and N1, a super amoled and amoled screen, which were oversaturated and the whites were really ugly

4) I have had no overheating or power issues.