1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unflashing from Cricket?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TBoomer, Jun 15, 2011.

1. TBoomer

TBoomer Newbie

I notice that there are often a few Droid X's and various other phones on Craigslist that are flashed to Cricket, and seem to sell for a lower price than stock phones.
    Are these able to be flashed back to VZW with a simple SBF or is it more involved than that? I have absolutely no idea how the whole thing works.
    I also wondered if flashing to Cricket is just a way for people to hide and use "lost" or stolen phones, thus the ESN is no good or would be flagged?
    Just some random thoughts, and figured this would be the best place to get some answers.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

this is actually a good question that i hope gets answered soon, cause there have been alot of questions in the past about cricket, and im wondering if a sbf flash back would infact enable it back on vzw's network, or if there is a certain other technique that must be done.

i personally dont know what cricket is. :p

3. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast

Cricket is a no contract/pay-as-you-go carrier. A buddy of mine back in Texas has his phone through them. From what ive seen they dont offer anything interesting in the area of smart phones so its my guess having a phone modified to work on their network is a means of using something cool phone wise while not having a contract or getting around credit problems and the like.

It is an interesting question which I hope finds an answer.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews