1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unfortunately, Google Hangouts Has Stopped ...

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by johnthelandlord, Dec 21, 2014.

1. johnthelandlord

None

Apr 19, 2014
    I am getting this on my LG Motion. I have tried everything and it still does the exact same thing. As soon as I click the keypad on the app (integrated from "Google Dialer") it crashes and I get the same error. I even have tried a full factory hard reset, and still the exact same thing. I see this issue on some forums, but it never showed as being fully resolved. Factory reset was one solution, but that failed. Of course before that I tried installing and uninstalling several times. Thank you.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    Have you disabled any system apps? Even though you did a factory data reset, that will not clear Disabled state.

3. johnthelandlord

None

Apr 19, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I looked through most, and nothing seems to be disabled. I don't think I disabled an app unless I may have done it by mistake. Is there an easy way to see if anything is disabled? Any other ideas what it could be?

4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    Here's how you can check for disabled system apps:
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3123922
    On KitKat and later, disabled apps will appear on a separate tab (versus at the bottom of the 'All' tab).

Another thought…
    I remember that I briefly had a similar problem with Hangouts. It turned out to be an incorrect update to Google Play Services (yes, even Google goofs sometimes). I "Removed updates" on Google Play Services and it fixed the problem. A short time later (day or so), another update to GPS was pushed to my phone, and this time it was the correct one.

5. johnthelandlord

None

Apr 19, 2014
    I checked, nothing disabled. I also removed Google Play Services and reinstalled. Downloaded and installed Hangouts, tested worked fine. Installed Hangouts Dialer, and back to the exact problem. They suck! Thank you for trying to help me.