1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unfortunately google play services has stopped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheEmpathicEar, Aug 29, 2017.

1. TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar Android Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2013
    Male
    MA of USA
    The ever popular: "Unfortunately google play services has stopped" error every so many seconds when trying to run some [maybe all?] apps. I have not installed any updates offered for this phone because I installed TWRP. I was told that installing an update after this would soft brick. loop, etc. the phone.
    I have tried steps similar to

"Clear the Cache and Data of

i) Google Play Services .

ii) Google Services Framework .

iii) Google play Store .

Restart your device "
    Time to by a new phone?

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    On those three apps you listed, since clearing their Data didn't fix your problem try 'Uninstall updates' for each of those same three (that option probably won't be shown for all three but do this with the ones that are). Go through any messages popping up about actually doing this and then restart your phone. Be sure to go to the Play Store app and apply any updates necessary so those back-dated apps get updated again, but hopefully that annoying message won't keep popping up all the time any more.

3. TheEmpathicEar

TheEmpathicEar Android Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2013
    Male
    MA of USA
    [I think I saw this elsewhere too] As far as I can tell, there is no "Uninstall Updates" button for the last two apps [on my phone anyway]. "Google Play Services" has this button, but it is greyed out. The only button not greyed out is "Disable", but I can not complete this, or maybe should not?

EDIT: Does Lucky Patcher have any tools that would help? I used LP to install the latest modded play store. I just downgraded to the previous version offered by LP. Same error.

EDIT2: I found this https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/ site and carefully selected the correct APK. Back to wait and see...

#3 TheEmpathicEar, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017