• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unfortunately, SSA has stopped?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but i've searched to the best of my abilities and i've come up with nothing.

I'm running into an issue with Activation on my Rise. About a week ago i decided to root my phone, which went flawlessly. I never really did anything with root privileges until yesterday, where i decided to try out the Beats Audio driver (after researching a bit i learned that there were major issues with the Rise and the driver, so i decided against it). I installed Titanium Backup and backed up everything just in case. during the process i accidentally uninstalled the "Mobile ID" app (which i know is safe to uninstall, but it was the last major change to my phone before the problem occured) I reinstalled the app from the backup i just made and got the notice to reboot my phone. Upon reboot i was presented with a message asking me to activate it on Virgin Mobile's network, and when i went to launch the Activation app, i was presented with the "Unfortunately, SSA has stopped" message. Since then i've been unable to connect to any network (WiFi still works) or re-activate my phone. I've tried a factory reset to no avail. There were also times where it would randomly connect to the network, and soon after the phone would restart and lose connection.

I'm at the end of my rope with the phone, and it wouldn't be such a big deal if i hadn't have just gotten it two weeks ago as an early Christmas gift. If anyone can provide any help or information about the issue i would be forever greatful

EDIT: seems i've found an ongoing thread with the exact issue here: http://androidforums.com/rise-all-t...s-audio-causes-brick-recovery-mode-toast.html.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but i've searched to the best of my abilities and i've come up with nothing.

I'm running into an issue with Activation on my Rise. About a week ago i decided to root my phone, which went flawlessly. I never really did anything with root privileges until yesterday, where i decided to try out the Beats Audio driver (after researching a bit i learned that there were major issues with the Rise and the driver, so i decided against it). I installed Titanium Backup and backed up everything just in case. during the process i accidentally uninstalled the "Mobile ID" app (which i know is safe to uninstall, but it was the last major change to my phone before the problem occured) I reinstalled the app from the backup i just made and got the notice to reboot my phone. Upon reboot i was presented with a message asking me to activate it on Virgin Mobile's network, and when i went to launch the Activation app, i was presented with the "Unfortunately, SSA has stopped" message. Since then i've been unable to connect to any network (WiFi still works) or re-activate my phone. I've tried a factory reset to no avail. There were also times where it would randomly connect to the network, and soon after the phone would restart and lose connection.

I'm at the end of my rope with the phone, and it wouldn't be such a big deal if i hadn't have just gotten it two weeks ago as an early Christmas gift. If anyone can provide any help or information about the issue i would be forever greatful

EDIT: seems i've found an ongoing thread with the exact issue here: http://androidforums.com/rise-all-t...s-audio-causes-brick-recovery-mode-toast.html.

i saw u could activate ur phone on the website itself if u wanted enter ur info and password and stuff at virgin mobile also u could call the 611 & activate by giving them the info they ask but i wouldnt mention anything bout rooting also alot of times they have with me b4 gave me a list of codes to enter into my phone to reactivate it or to fix a problem like through the dialer , and then worst case scerio hard reset it wipe all ur info from it and then call them up and theyve sent me a brand new phone before even though it was past 30 day return period they sent the phone first & a prepaid envolope to mail the old one back in they didnt want battery or sdcard so u gain a new phone & a 2gig sdcard but the phone they send u as a replacement wont have a batterie

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones