1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Unfortunately, Touchwiz Home Has Stopped"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by laflaone, Aug 21, 2012.

1. laflaone

laflaone Newbie

Have had my Galaxy s3(Verizon) about a week. Yesterday, started having a problem unlocking the opening screen. When I swipe it, I get the ripple effect, but nothing happens. After about 3 swipes, I get the subject msg: "Unfortunately........" with an OK to click, which I do. I can then use my phone.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, how can it be corrected?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member

I've been having this error pop up more and more. Seems like it keep displaying until I restart. I'd say it hits once a week or once every other week.

3. FxsX24

FxsX24 Member

i have issues with touchwiz also

4. hvrc

hvrc Android Enthusiast

I haven't had that problem, but then again I used touchwiz for a day and switched to zeam launcher. No frills just full screen. Have you tried a factory reset yet?

5. sid.16

sid.16 Newbie

Hi
    I just brought my galaxy S3 today and am facing the same problem straight away.
    I can pull down the notification bar and after getting into settings from there i have forced stopped and deleted the cache for touchwiz but it doesnt help.
    Please help as i am totally unable to use my phone :(

6. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Try doing a factory reset of the phone and see what happens. As you just got the phone, I suppose it isn't rooted and you haven't messed with it. If resetting doesn't solve the issue, it might be a faulty unit. Bring it back and get a replacement.

7. sid.16

sid.16 Newbie

Can you please help me how to do a factory reset and what are the consequences, i mean what data will i lose?

8. sid.16

sid.16 Newbie

And also, if this would void any warranty

9. sherlock5545

Sure. Factory reset will wipe all your apps, and all your data saved on the internal built-in memory. Anything on the external sd won't be touched. It is an Android feature, and is completely legit. It won't void the warranty.

If you want to proceed, go to Settings > Back up and reset > Factory data reset.

10. sid.16

sid.16 Newbie

Thanks a lot Sherlock.. resetting the phone seems to have solved the issue. However I am not sure if the reason it occured was that i was trying to restore contacts into my new phone from through an antivirus app which had backed them up from my old phone and just after the contacts were restored the error occured.

11. freagul

freagul Newbie

For what it's worth, I started having more apps not respond, mostly Touchwiz and Google, after an OTA update a few weeks ago. So it may just be a bug that gets patched.

12. sherlock5545

For contacts, just sync them with your Google Account. This way, anytime you log into a new Android phone, it will automatically download your contacts.

13. galaxyphonezz

galaxyphonezz Member

I think it occurs more on the international S3 because of less ram, i get that error on my US S3 maybe once a week it doesnt bother me at all, I actually like Touchwiz, its clean and simple. I usy restart my phone daily so that I get the best connectivity to the cell towers and to just restart the phone so it runs better.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews