• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Unfortunately, Touchwiz Home Has Stopped"

Have had my Galaxy s3(Verizon) about a week. Yesterday, started having a problem unlocking the opening screen. When I swipe it, I get the ripple effect, but nothing happens. After about 3 swipes, I get the subject msg: "Unfortunately........" with an OK to click, which I do. I can then use my phone.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, how can it be corrected?

Hi
I just brought my galaxy S3 today and am facing the same problem straight away.
I can pull down the notification bar and after getting into settings from there i have forced stopped and deleted the cache for touchwiz but it doesnt help.
Please help as i am totally unable to use my phone :(

Try doing a factory reset of the phone and see what happens. As you just got the phone, I suppose it isn't rooted and you haven't messed with it. If resetting doesn't solve the issue, it might be a faulty unit. Bring it back and get a replacement.

Upvote 0
Try doing a factory reset of the phone and see what happens. As you just got the phone, I suppose it isn't rooted and you haven't messed with it. If resetting doesn't solve the issue, it might be a faulty unit. Bring it back and get a replacement.

Can you please help me how to do a factory reset and what are the consequences, i mean what data will i lose?

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot Sherlock.. resetting the phone seems to have solved the issue. However I am not sure if the reason it occured was that i was trying to restore contacts into my new phone from through an antivirus app which had backed them up from my old phone and just after the contacts were restored the error occured.

For contacts, just sync them with your Google Account. This way, anytime you log into a new Android phone, it will automatically download your contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones