1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unidentified alarm sound without notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by katta72807, Apr 14, 2020.

1. katta72807

katta72807 Lurker

I'm getting a sound and vibration starting at random with no notification appearing, so I can't stop it without restarting the phone. I close all open apps and it still continues. It has even started while I am on a call, which is so annoying. And it is only since I have moved to the S20.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to identify the app? I have no alarms set, no calendar event, nothing that I can identify. It has occurred a few times now.

The volume is controlled by the ringtone volume setting, but the sound is not a ringtone or notification sound or any sound setting.

#1 katta72807, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  2. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

Can you go to:
    Settings > Notifications

And under "Recently Sent" tap "See All" and see if any of those apps could be the culprit?

3. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

There's a Samsung galaxy app called "Good Lock" this app has several subroutines built into it including one called "Nice Catch". If you install this app and then check Nice Catch, it will list all activities of your phone as they occur.

4. katta72807

katta72807 Lurker

Thanks for your help, I tried looking at recently sent notifications but I had a few notifications around the same time so it wasn't clear from there.
    I'm stumped as to how to stop it, but I'll know next time it occurs to look it up immediately.

olbriar likes this.
  5. katta72807

katta72807 Lurker

It happened again, 6 days after the last time. Nothing appears in recently sent notifications (the latest was 7 minute earlier). I've now installed Nice Catch.

I've identified the most likely candidate is Skype for Business that I use for work. It has its own audio. Still no solution but at least I think I know the culprit.

#5 katta72807, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  6. rapidturtle

rapidturtle Newbie

I had a phantom notification, and found out that it was a setting in the phone, that lets you know when you miss a notification. It was set for all of my apps, and took me a little while to figure out. It drove me nuts for a while though.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs