1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Unified inbox

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimmyb79, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jimmyb79

jimmyb79 Active Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Kent, UK
    Hi all,

Received my desire today. I've got two email accounts running, one is gmail and one is a pop account.
    Is there a unified inbox on this phone? I'm not using the gmail app, and I'm running my gmail account via imap to try and get both email accounts with the same inbox, but its just not happening.
    I thought 2.0 was supposed to bring in unified inbox, but can't seem to get it to work with the Desire.

ATB

James

Advertisement

2. @ndrew

@ndrew Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I would like to know this as well.

Stange you should ask the question just as Mr Jobs @ apple annouced unified inbox for iPhone v4.0!! :)

3. Karolis

Karolis Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I only use one mail account, so I might not be the best person to answer this, but can't mail app (not gmail) handle multiple accounts?

You might also want to try 3rd party maill app, such as K-9 Mail.

4. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I'm sure it can handle multiple emails.

5. lekky

lekky Lover

OP is right, you can't get a unified inbox from the mail app, but you can have multiple email addresses from it.

jimmyb79 can I suggest you try an app called "pure messenger widget". What this allows you to do is create a widget and have all your emails (mail and gmail app, so you dont need to use imap) in one stream, or you could say unified :p

6. misterghost

misterghost New Member

May 2, 2010
    I would try K9mail 2706+. I wanted a unified/integrated inbox like the blackberry and this worked for me.

7. matthewbarnaby

Oct 5, 2010
    Hey all,
    I'm really struggling with this one too!
    I would love a unified inbox for my gmail and outlook addresses.
    I tried pure messenger and found it a bit too 'playful' something in line with Blackberry (as above) would be awesome, any tips?

8. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    technical illustrator
    UK
    another option is maildroid, it gives a single mail box view showing all mail from all accounts as well as the normal list showing separate ones.

9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Ha ha. It's funny cause the first thing I did when I set up my blackberry was separate all my mailboxes

Tags: