1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Uninstall EXTREMELY SLOW

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrBojenglz, Jan 11, 2013.

1. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Member

I don't know exactly when this started but I'm pretty sure since I got ICS on my phone the uninstalling process for any app has become ridiculously slow. It used to take seconds and now it takes around 5 minutes per app. Anyone else have this or know how to fix it?

I'm on an HTC Rezound.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

moved you to the rezound forum, folks here might be able to help you out.

have you tried a soft reset? power the phone off, wait 30 secs, and then reboot. this will clear temp files and might make the phone run better.

the other idea is to do a factory reset and see if that helps as well.

3. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Member

Figured it was more of an Android thing than just Rezound because I saw a post about it somewhere else but okay.
    And I just did a factory reset a few days ago for unrelated reasons but it didn't help.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

no this sounds more phone specific as my htc evo 4g lte runs great and does not have this issue of uninstalling being slow. are they big apps? which ones?

5. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Member

Nothing specific. Mostly games between 2-20 MB but it's literally every app since I got the phone that takes a long time.

6. heatsink

heatsink Lurker

Unfortunately I have no solution to your problem.
    I just wanted to mention that I have been having the same issue on my Rezound. Uninstalls take a very long time. Sometimes it will even say 'uninstall failed', but the app is gone anyway.

7. Puppa

Puppa Android Enthusiast

Same here. It's terrible slow. I suspect only a factory reset will cure the symptoms, but they may come back later.

95sportster likes this.
  8. cpaulg

cpaulg Lurker

I've got the problem on a Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.

9. philgriffiths

philgriffiths Lurker

I had same problem with HTC Desire, and two HTC One X handsets too. Very frustrating, almost seems like an inevitability... :mad:

10. Vic333

Vic333 Newbie

I've been experiencing the same thing on my HTC Evo

I wonder if an uninstaller app could help. I've never really understood why someone would install an app to uninstall others.

Are there advantages to uninstaller apps? Suggestions on a good one?

11. Dilip562

Dilip562 Lurker

Hey i too faced the same problem, while I was doing trial and error method to fix it, I removed SD card and uninstalled unnecessary apps from my mobile it uninstalled very fast. Later using cleaner app cleaned all unwanted data from SD card this solved the problem. Hope this helps.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews