1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

uninstall Games?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by lazylew, Feb 13, 2016.

1. lazylew

lazylew Newbie

I never ever play any game on pc nor phone, so I would love to get rid of Google Play Games, for instance.
    Attempting that gives me a warning it might mess up other apps.

Is there a safe way to uninstall games?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

ok... silly question (but bear with me...) what do you hope to achieve by removing it?

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

That's pre installed, Google bloatware but you would need to root your phone to completely remove it. You can only disable it.

Jhayzone, lazylew and Hadron like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

And since it's in the system partition, removing it won't free up any space for you. So clear data, uninstall any updates, then disable it, job done.

That message is a standard message that you receive if you ever try to remove any system app. It tells you nothing about whether there will be any side-effect (in this case the side-effect is simple: if you had any games that used the Google Play Games features, e.g. for authentication or sync of progress, they'd stop working. Anything other than a game that uses specific features will be unaffected).

Jhayzone, lazylew and Dannydet like this.
  5. lazylew

lazylew Newbie

There's a pop up for system upgrade that tells me I need more room on the phone to upgrade.
    The first thing that can go as far as I'm concerned is those games.

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Removing an existing system app won't help. If you are short of space for the update that means you need more space in the partition it downloads to, which isn't the one it installs in.

lazylew and psionandy like this.
  7. lazylew

lazylew Newbie

I guess I'll just keep using version 4.4.4 then.
    Thanks for the answers everybody - much appreciated!