1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Uninstall leaves icon

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by DaytonaJohn, Aug 21, 2016.

1. DaytonaJohn

DaytonaJohn Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2013
    Male
    I believe this behaviour has changed, or maybe there is a setting for it? When I install an app, a shortcut icon is placed on my home page. If I uninstall that same app, the shortcut icon remains!!! Uninstall used to remove those shortcuts. Is this a bug or a feature? :)

Advertisement

2. DaytonaJohn

DaytonaJohn Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2013
    Male
    Yes, I know how to delete the icon. And if I tap the icon, it tells me that the application is not installed. I'm just irritated because I installed a slew of apps of a specific type to try them out, and after choosing one to keep, the uninstall of all the others left useless cruft (the shortcut icons) on my home page. This happens consistently on my Galaxy S6 running Android 6.0.1

3. DaytonaJohn

DaytonaJohn Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2013
    Male
    I mean that I installed a bunch of photo editor apps, then uninstalled the ones I decided not to keep. And yes, I did the wipe cache thing and I still see the same behavior.

4. DaytonaJohn

DaytonaJohn Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2013
    Male
    I tried the "Easy Uninstaller App Uninstall", and it showed the same behavior (doesn't remove shortcut icons). This is not a big enough issue to do a factory reset :)