1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Uninstall Preinstalled Apps

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Android Question

I have a bunch of apps that I never use (like YouTube or Calendar) that were already installed and I cannot uninstall them. (I have a Motorola Moto E2) How do I easily uninstall them?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. You would have to root the phone to be able to uninstall or disable those apps. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be much info for your device regarding rooting, at least not in our phone forums here. Check over on XDA and see if they have anything.

Hadron and androidmachine like this.
  3. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

Even if you root and uninstall those apps, it won't give you any more space because those pre-installed apps usually live on the /system partition. User apps and data go on the /data partition.

Now I suppose you could cheat and install some apps on the system partition as system apps, but you would do so at your own peril. Messing with /system is a good way to brick your device unless you know very well exactly what you are doing.

Hadron likes this.
  4. Agree with the above, it's safer to disable the pre-installed system apps with Titanium Backup rather than remove them completely. By disabling instead of uninstalling you ensure that they won't be using any system resources or contributing to battery drain, while reducing the chance of bricking or crashing the phone.
    But all of this depends on being able (and willing) to root the phone. If that isn't happening then I'm afraid you're stuck with those apps.

5. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

You don't need Titanium Backup to disable preinstalled Apps. The Apps Manager will do that.
    That will also uninstall any updates to the app, and prevent further updates that would use space in /data.

James L likes this.