1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Uninstalling preinstalled apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kern007, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Kern007

Kern007 Lurker
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    Weapons Developer (Like Tony Stark)
    Ireland
    I got an Xperia Play that came with a lot of preinstalled apps that it won't let me delete but I need to save memory, is there any way I can uninstall them?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. matt190191

matt190191 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2011
    Male
    Chester Computer Repair.
    Chester, UK
    Hey im new to the whole android and rooting thing but people have told me to download an app called root uninstaller that gets rid of any pre installed bloatware. I have used it to get rid of any bloatware on my device and saved alot of memory id reccomend it or fast uninstall on the android market

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    First, you need to root your phone. Then you can uninstall using a root explorer app or an app like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro. I've never used root uninstaller before, but it looks like it can do the same thing. I'll move this thread over to the Xperia Play - All things root subsection so you can find some info on how to root.

4. paxchristos

paxchristos Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    Yes, you need root to uninstall bloatware.

I think Root uninstaller is a specific for another phone type (i.e. doesn't work with xperia play (or atleast the full version doesn't) .

I've used both Titanium Backup and My Backup Pro, and I like titanium backup better.

Root explorer is for people who feel comfortable maneuvering around linux file structure, I'd suggest staying away from using that, unless you have previous experience with linux (or just wanna learn)