1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Uninstalling Voodoo and reverting to stock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by striketrue, Feb 15, 2011.

1. striketrue

striketrue Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    I know there are a bunch of threads on this, but none of them quite answer my questions. Here are two methods that I've found to revert to stock.

[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY - xda-developers

[PROGRAM] AIO Captivate Toolbox 2.5 (+ Rogers) *Beginners/Advanced Start Here* - xda-developers

But it is my understanding that even after flashing to stock, the voodoo kernel remains. This is the part I am a bit unsure of. Does odin itself contain the captivate stock kernel? Or do I need to find it? If so, where is a reliable source?

Advertisement

2. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    New York
    Odin wipes everything, disabling lag fix some say it dont matter, I disable it anyway.

3. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    If you flash to stock, Voodoo is no longer there. You WILL have a folder called "Voodoo" on your SD card, but that's because /sdcard/ is not wiped when you flash to stock. Rest assured that this is just a folder, and your filesystem is no longer converted.

You can go ahead and delete that folder, OR do a Master Clear in ODIN which will format /sdcard/ OR do a GSM Master Reset using the dialer code. When you do the latter 2 on a stock ROM, once you're done...that's about as close as you can get to stock as possible.