1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Uninstalling Voodoo and reverting to stock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by striketrue, Feb 15, 2011.

1. striketrue

striketrue Member

I know there are a bunch of threads on this, but none of them quite answer my questions. Here are two methods that I've found to revert to stock.

[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY - xda-developers

[PROGRAM] AIO Captivate Toolbox 2.5 (+ Rogers) *Beginners/Advanced Start Here* - xda-developers

But it is my understanding that even after flashing to stock, the voodoo kernel remains. This is the part I am a bit unsure of. Does odin itself contain the captivate stock kernel? Or do I need to find it? If so, where is a reliable source?

Advertisement

2. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Android Enthusiast

Odin wipes everything, disabling lag fix some say it dont matter, I disable it anyway.

3. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Android Enthusiast

If you flash to stock, Voodoo is no longer there. You WILL have a folder called "Voodoo" on your SD card, but that's because /sdcard/ is not wiped when you flash to stock. Rest assured that this is just a folder, and your filesystem is no longer converted.

You can go ahead and delete that folder, OR do a Master Clear in ODIN which will format /sdcard/ OR do a GSM Master Reset using the dialer code. When you do the latter 2 on a stock ROM, once you're done...that's about as close as you can get to stock as possible.