• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uninstalling Youtube, Google Search and Internet in my Phone

A

Android Question

I want to uninstall my youtube, google search and internet in my phone. Please does anyone who could help me to solve this problem? The model of my phone is Samsung Galaxy GT-S5830.. Please help me to uninstall these all.. Thank you...

You need to root the phone to remove system apps. That voids all warranties. Still interested?

Root the phone. Go to app management and uninstall them. Internet is just a web browser, you can use any one you like. Youtube is a kind of specialized browser - it goes there and nowhere else and has a few extra controls, so no problem uninstalling that.

Google search? It's probably not linked to anything else, so it's probably okay to remove it but wait for someone who has and who hasn't had any problems after doing it to chime in and say so.

Upvote 0
i went to manage applications then i click the youtube but i cant click the uninstall button,. i can only click the clear data and clear cache on it. :(

Welcome to our AndrioidForums, eureckachin--glad you signed-up with us :).

As Rukbat said, if you don't have the uninstall or disable function in the stock Settings -> Apps or Manage Apps menu, then you'll have to root your phone in order to be able to remove those applications.

You should know that:

1. It's always better to disable (also called "freeze" or "freezing" them) than it is to delete [this keeps the app in-place / on your device but simply disables it from being run / launched.

2. It's always better to rename than delete. Renaming allows you to (fairly) easily rename it back should you need to.

3. If you do actually delete it, make sure you've taken a Nandroid backup (root-only and custom recovery only function) before doing so--you don't want to end-up with a boot loop or soft bricked device.

You'll want to visit your device's all-things-root area, Ace - All Things Root - Android Forums, for detailed and device-specific instructions and guidance re. the above.

Cheers and best of luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones