1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unintentional Powering Down Overnight

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ucthuskiesfan, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ucthuskiesfan

ucthuskiesfan Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    I just got the Inc 2 and I keep having the same problem. I charge it overnight, leaving it plugged in all night. When I go to sleep it is on. When I wake up it is off. This defeats the purpose of using the alarm, of course. I'm not telling it to reboot or power off or anything like that, only plugging it in and walking away from it for 6-8 hours. Any ideas/fixes would be greatly appreciated! TIA.

Advertisement

2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    I had this problem for a few nights. But it promptly went away.

My theory was that it was a heating issue. Do you place your phone ON your bed, say next to your pillow (like I did)? I thought that the mattress was heating the phone to where it would shut off to keep from overheating.

Again, just a theory, and the problem went away, so I never gave it much thought after that

3. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    that still sounds weird.. even sitting on the pillow, it shouldn't be overheating unless your heavily using it, which you wouldn't be if your sleeping and its just charging right? i say take it up with wherever you got the phone.. that just doesn't sound right.

4. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    IT bitch
    Hell's Outhouse
    I dunno, I listen to mine (plugged in charging, headphones on) at night, and it has a tendency to get covered up by pillows, thus getting really warm. Even if it doesn't get covered up, it does sometimes get warm. That's definitely a possibility, I would think, if that's how the OP charges it or uses it.

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    L'Etoile du Nord
    Hopefully the OP comes back and responds to your guys questions ... because I think your on to something. Even if he doesnt listen to music he may have an app that keeps getting stuck and prevents the phone from sleeping ... thus overheating and shutting off.

6. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    that's true. i was just under the impression from the OP's post that all it is doing is chraging, not actually being used. but yeah defintiely if being listened to all night while covered up, good chance it gets a bit warm.

7. planetgirth

planetgirth Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    i just bought my Dinc2 as well and the same thing happened to me. this may just be due to the phone/battery being relatively new. There are a couple other topics on the forum talking about how the battery is pretty weak at first and the phone just needs a few charges before it is normal. hopefully your problem resolves itself out.

8. jcsnell27

jcsnell27 Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I'm having the same problem as the OP. I just plug the phone in at night and when I wake up in the morning, it has turned itself off. It doesn't happen every night, but often enough that it is an issue. I'm not listening to music or setting it on the bed. It sits on the desk next to my bed. Any ideas?

9. anguish

anguish Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    IT bitch
    Hell's Outhouse
    Return it and get a different one if you're still in your 14 days. Otherwise, you might try a warranty return.

10. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Retired!
    SE PA
    FWIW, problem not seen here. I leave the DINC2 on its charger overnight, every night, but don't tuck it into bed with me. :D So the question is whether or not the unit's overheating while charging. Anyone with the problem ought to think about positioning the DINC2 somewhere that lets the back get rid of some of the heat from charging. If that cures the problem, end of story.