• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unintentionally or Accidentally accepted the Gingerbread OTA

matt29707

Mar 31, 2011
Rooted using the Revolutionary method a month ago and somehow tonight I accidentally accepted this most recent OTA. I'm thinking i might not even have done anything to accept the download and it just did it itself. But anyhow, now my phone is useless. It keeps trying to download and run the update and gets stuck on the picture of the android symbol and an exclamation point in a triangle. I pull the battery and the phone boots up normally then a minute after it boots up it automatically powers down and begins the process again. Any suggestions as to how I might fix this?

Thank you Scotty! Just finished wiping the cache and everything seems to be back to normal. I'm still pretty sure that Verizon didn't give me the option to deny this past update. From what I remember it just said it was going to happen in 30 seconds and just the "ok" button was listed below. What is the easiest way to prevent VZW from pushing updates to a rooted t-bolt?

Upvote 0
you can follow the directions in post 34(i think) of the "how to" sticky at the top of the forum,or you can install a custom rom. or you can reinstall the stock recovery,and then accept the OTA, and re-root it :)

ive heard other reports about the phones accepting OTAs without user consent... im not sure what conditions(if any) have to be met for this to happen :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones