• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unistall harmful app notification, how to remove?

If it keeps appearing at random times, over your Home Screens, or other apps, and Malware Bytes cannot find it, it is a system file created by a "Drive By Click" that you got sucked into...

Email? I never follow links in an email, I observe the name of whatever, and then I use a browser to go that Website directly....

an advert on the bottom of a Free App you downloaded? Those are traps for "drive by hackers" also...

if it sounds like the above, save your Contacts, pictures, and then do a FDR and start all over from scratch.
nothing else will clean it off.

Upvote 0
If it keeps appearing at random times, over your Home Screens, or other apps, and Malware Bytes cannot find it, it is a system file created by a "Drive By Click" that you got sucked into...

Email? I never follow links in an email, I observe the name of whatever, and then I use a browser to go that Website directly....

an advert on the bottom of a Free App you downloaded? Those are traps for "drive by hackers" also...

if it sounds like the above, save your Contacts, pictures, and then do a FDR and start all over from scratch.
nothing else will clean it off.

It is always present sorry if I made it sound like it would come and go. I am hoping there is another way to get rid of it with out doing FDR.

Thanks

Upvote 0
It is always present sorry if I made it sound like it would come and go. I am hoping there is another way to get rid of it with out doing FDR.

Thanks

if that is the case, I suggest that an FDR is the only solution.

I did not assume that it was just 'random', I only offered that as a possibility, as that is how it happened to me.
It would be gone half a day, then come back and irritate me no end for a while, then it would leave.

Upvote 0
Even if that worked, and I doubt it will, all it will do is mask the problem. As suggested by AZgl1500, the phone is infected and unless it can be disinfected via Malwarebytes or other antivirus/malware software, a FDR is unfortunately the best option.

It's not infected bro.. Lol. Android pushes security warnings for certain apps these days. Intrepidis stated the answer. That's how you get rid of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones