1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

unistallation apps. (is there..)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by flipakine, Nov 20, 2010.

1. flipakine

flipakine Member

Mar 30, 2010
    hayward
    hey guys. I'm pretty new to the forum. I'm not completely up to date with all the android features as I see a lot of you are as I mostly use the phone for basic multimedia on top of my phones services. I have recently noticed that although I use the advanced task killer to stop apps from running they still continuously turn themselves on and drain my battery. I can't keep watching my phone every second to "kill" them as they pop up.

I was wondering if there is another way keep this from happening as there arnt any settings option in these individual apps to stop it. or even better.. an app to unistall "factory" apps such as mp3 store n so on. your help is greatly appreciated guys.

thanks
    Jeff.

Advertisement

2. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
  3. flipakine

flipakine Member

Mar 30, 2010
    hayward
    what is "rooted" and how do I go about becoming rooted? also I read the thread in link. sadly I'm not on system version 2.2+ I'm still 2.1..

does it still apply?

4. HomelessDepot

HomelessDepot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Android != Windows. They're 'running' in the background, but that doesn't mean they're using CPU cycles or hogging memory - the entire structure of the Android OS is designed to fit mobile devices.

FAQ: Why You Shouldn

5. flipakine

flipakine Member

Mar 30, 2010
    hayward
    but how do I become rooted. I have Verizon as well so I know what you're talking about. I really want the fb app gone! haha

But sounds like ill be unistalling the task killer