1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Universal Adrenaline Shot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by El Chamaco, Apr 19, 2012.

1. El Chamaco

El Chamaco Member

I just wanted to know what is that and how do I use this creation of wonder o_O

Also, how the hell do you guys get a 1 day of battery life w/o charging? Teach me your godly ways ^^;

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

What is it? Hmmmmmm.

Okay. Well when you go the page that was originally posted http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/530399-tweak-universal-adrenaline-shot.html you will find a link to the download for it [TWEAK] Universal Adrenaline Shotv14-1 cache scroll tweak - xda-developers

Upon opening the link within the thread you are given a whole post of what it is and what it does and the download link.

I'm guessing you didn't bother taking the effort to go that far so I will do it for you.

Welcome to the Universal Adrenaline Shot

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY CAUSE YOUR PHONE

The Universal Adrenaline Shot made for all 2.1 or higher android devices
    What your phone needs to have for these tweaks to work:
    kernel with init.d support

What do these tweaks do?

improves battery life

Greatly improve the smoothness of your phone especially with scrolling

increase your phones repsonsiveness

for some it increases FPS and allows better gaming

Improves the HTC's Evo 3d, 3d quality

improves better I/O performance

speed up start up time

handles multitasking better

improves ext4 partition mounts

improves better cpu performance

least importantly it improves quad scores

What Version Should I Use?
    USE VERSION 14 UNLESS IT BOOTLOOPS YOU IN THAT CASE USE V14 BL

IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU GUYS USE ONDEMAND AS YOUR GOVERNOR

NO NEED TO DELETE INIT.D FILES ANY LONGER I MADE SCRIPT FOR THAT FOR YOU GUYS

IF YOU HAVE INIT.D FILES YOU WANT TO MIX WITH THE ADRENALINE SHOT ADD THEM AFTER YOU FLASH THE TWEAK AND BE SURE TO RENAME THEM FOLLOWING THE ORDER OF THE TWEAKS O1 O2 O3 O4 O5 O6 ETC

MIUI AND CM7 USERS
    you most likely have init.d scripts in your rom that you need for miui or cm, just know the tweak has 6 init.d scripts that go in order from 00 to 05 so any of your init.d scripts need to follow after that by renaming them 06,07,08 etc

Whats inside:
    /data/: Tune2fs
    /system/xbin: Sqlite and zipalign
    /system/etc/: ext4 remount, kernel tweaks, sysctle tweaks, database vacuum, sdcard speed up, zipalign, and ram tweak
    /system/bin: tune2fs, FUGU FROM ICS 4.0-------Great increase of performance
    /system/lib: disables sync and increases I/O performance

VERSION14-BL: REMOVES /SYSTEM/BIN AND /SYSTEM/LIB since the files were not compatible with your phone

MOUNT /SYSTEM IN CWM BEFORE FLASHING [​IMG]

Cache-Scroll-Tweak:

Those who want this amazing scroll tweak can just send me there framework.jar from their rom and ill be more than happy to install it for you, unless you would like to/ or feel comfortable enough doing it yourself. Your phone community might already have it posted but if not just ask and i will deliver [​IMG]

THOSE WHO WANT EVEN MORE POWER AND BATTERY SAVING

First of all it is very recommended that you undervolt your phone for great battery life! These tweaks were created so that you shouldnt have to overclock but have the same responsiveness and smoothness

BUILD.PROP MODS

*These mods are well known throughout the android community, i did not create these only put them together and changed some values to my liking for speed and battery life. If you want to use this just copy the text paste in your own build.prop then reboot.

##Dsextons build.prop
    #
    # tweaks
    ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
    ro.ext4fs=1
    mot.proximity.delay=25
    persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1

#APP Tweaks
    ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
    ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
    ro.HOME_APP_MEM=3072

# battery saving
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
    persist.sys.shutdown.mode=hibernate
    wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180

# video & speed
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=275
    windowsmgr.support_rotation_270=true
    persist.sys.use_dithering=1
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    debug.sf.hw=0 (1 if you dont have a great cpu)
    ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
    ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.fps=65
    ## End Tweak

hvrc and El Chamaco like this.
  3. Fuzzy13

You want a full day of battery use?

It's all in the user. Put it down every now and then. lol Just being honest.

Even the stock ROM can get a full day of use. If your not getting a full day then it's not the phone, it's the user.

Things that destroy battery life.

Screen brightness. Wifi. GPS and location. Running apps. Downloading. Tethering. Music and video streaming.

hvrc and El Chamaco like this.
  4. El Chamaco

El Chamaco Member

Easier said then done lol but thanks bud

5. Fuzzy13

Haha. I know. But honestly thats what it takes. You can do all these other things to help it along but in the end, it's the user.

I love being on my phone so I keep a charger at work, home and in the car. Plus I have 2 extra batteries and a wall battery charger :D

6. El Chamaco

El Chamaco Member

Btw exactly where do I find build.prop mods? So I can copy the text and do all that good stuff??

7. El Chamaco

El Chamaco Member

My my someone is geared up to face the world and its bullshit :adore:

8. Fuzzy13

Haha. Oh I'm ready alright.

Just google build prop mods. It will be the first couple of posts usually on xda forum.

El Chamaco likes this.
  9. hvrc

hvrc Android Enthusiast

umm, buy a extended battery and back plate, my esteem may look like a whale, but it lasts alot longer then a day with just texting. with stock rom and zvd speed kernel, it lasts stupid long. im on broken out right now and ive been on the same charge since 730am, its at 23%, and ive been downloading, benchmarking, streaming youtube videos, tethering, playing music, NON STOP (except the times at work that i actually have to work) :p im trying to calibrate the battery as usually i dont use it this much. hell, you can buy my stock battery, never used :D

10. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

If you turn off background data your battery will last a bit longer. Just turn it on when you need it ;)

11. justainchoe

justainchoe Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I formed pretty good battery saving habits, use good roms, and juice defender so I was usually able to get through the day with the stock battery, but now, with an extended battery, I can be pretty wasteful and still make it home before it dies. I feel bad for people who don't have an extended battery.

Yea, you can live without one, but you really get to use your phone when you get one. Around $20 for the peace of mind of not having to worry about it is awesome. I don't mind the extra weight and size. You get used to it and forget about it after a day or two.

$18 shipped for the OEM MetroPCS Extended Battery on ebay (Thanks Blaxican25 for finding this for me):
    LG ESTEEM MS910 ANDROID OEM CELL PHONE SMARTPHONE BATTERY & BATTERY DOOR NEW | eBay

12. Fuzzy13

I would love to get one but i enjoy my case more than battery life. I'd rather drop my phone and still have one instead of not using my charger.

13. lablackdiabla

lablackdiabla Member

if I install this my phone would run faster? i tend to mulittask alot but sometimes it takes a bit..as far as battery I always have to charge the dam phone and all i i have running is what the phone needs (obviously) friendcaster and a word game. Oh and dam maps that doesnt stop running. I dont use wifi unless in the evening when im at home and gps never. the screen is on low alwyas and bluetooth never use. any ideas

14. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

Can someone try it and report back how well it runs with esteem :)...

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews