• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Universal Androot

Thank you...I downloaded UA from the link above and then downloaded a few programs that work with a rooted phone. One I am haveing an issue with is Barnicle tethering. It seems to work on my Ally but my netbook is looking for a driver but cannot locate it. Where can I find this driver?

I eventually want to put a custom rom on my phone, but I want to wait and see if/when we may be getting froyo. Is is it realtively easy to go back to the stock rom once you flash a custom one?

Upvote 0
Thank you...I downloaded UA from the link above and then downloaded a few programs that work with a rooted phone. One I am haveing an issue with is Barnicle tethering. It seems to work on my Ally but my netbook is looking for a driver but cannot locate it. Where can I find this driver?

I eventually want to put a custom rom on my phone, but I want to wait and see if/when we may be getting froyo. Is is it realtively easy to go back to the stock rom once you flash a custom one?

Take a read at the Custom Recoveries section on the site i linked above. It's very easy. Just boot into whichever recovery you flash, there will be a backup/restore menu and from there you can do the obvioius :p.

Reactions: DoctorZaius68
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones