• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Universal iPhone Coming?

Apple poised to make 'universal' iPhone, says analyst - CNN.com

"Apple has the pieces needed to build an iPhone model that can connect to just about any cellular network."

This is a possibility that I haven't thought about. It would make sense. If this is the way they go, then Apple will be releasing an iPhone 5 for Verizon in just a few months.

That's pretty sad considering current iPhone users are just NOW getting their Verizon iPhones.

Upvote 0
is it a coincidence that AT&T & Verizon will be using tbe same 4g technology, and they are the two iPhone carriers? Or is this something Apple orchestrated? If it's the latter, then they have a LOT more influence than I ever gave them credit for.

LTE and HSPA+ aren't the same 4G technology, as far as I know... granted, I haven't looked that far into it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones