• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

universal root method with pc?

willsp28

Aug 18, 2019
hey guys im really wanting to learn how to root newer android phones, i have a pc and im thinking about trying adb, i saw a video where they used magisk but that method makes me a little nervous since i have to flash files to the phone, can't i just use something like adb and enter a root command?

so whats the easiest way, already tried all the 1 click root tools on pc none of them worked

Basically there is no universal root method. Rooting methods will vary, all depending on what phone, tablet, TV box etc, Some devices can't be rooted, or there's no information available.

So-called "1 click" methods will NOT work on devices running Android 6 or later.

Upvote 0
so is this my best bet

Maybe possible, all depending if the whatever it is target device can have it's bootloader unlocked, and if there's a suitable TWRP made for it.

As I don't know what make, model, Android version of the phone or tablet you're trying to root, I can't really give any more info.

Basically, there is no universal root method, that's it.

Reactions: Hadron and Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones