1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Unknown android tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PGTibs, Jan 2, 2012.

1. PGTibs

PGTibs Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    (Off topic, using an ipad to write this and has crashed 3 times already! Going well tonight!)

Ive got a MID tablet (unknown name or make) and it doesn't have any connection to any computer.

Ive tried Z4root, Universal Androot, GingerBreak and SoftRoot.. None of these have worked at all! I dont have any idea what else i can try to root this device and really am at the end of my tether with it!

Any ideas at all will be greatly appreciated, even if it involves a large mallet and a garbage bag!

Thank you!

Steve

Advertisement

2. androidfonefan

androidfonefan Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Most of the MID tablets are cheap Chinese garbage. Competent hardware with the worst ROMs installed making them good for paperweights and coffee coasters.
    There is little information on them so no one knows how to root or make proper ROMs for them.
    If it is possible for you to send it back for a refund that would be your best bet as you will probably never get it to work properly otherwise.

3. PGTibs

PGTibs Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    That idea has passed the mind, part of me is slightly reluctant to give in to tinkering though!

Steve

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I know a few Chinese people who won't buy the things, they can be that bad.

5. androidfonefan

androidfonefan Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Don't take my post wrong. I am by no means trying to say that Chinese people are bad.
    But where these low dollar tablets that come from China are concerned (and I specifically note China because I know of no other country that is making and shipping these cheap do nothing tablets but China, referring to their industry not the people, many of the companies in China are state run, not privately owned like in the West, and these factories pump out what ever garbage the Chinese Government tells them to.) most if not all of them are trash. The only exception I am aware of may be the Ainovo Novo7, and even that has suspected problems, however since they have not been heavily released in the States and there is almost no hands on experience with them, that can not be said to be true one way or another.
    I have hi hopes for the Novo7, but before I buy there will have to be a great many actual user reviews made to see how compatible it is with the American Android Market and how many of the apps it will be able to run.
    I read a post here in the forums that said it was thought that the MIPS chips in it could cause a compatibility problem with apps, and that games like Angry Birds would not play on it. Coming from the American Android Market that is.

I don't know one way or the other if this is true, but time will tell.