1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Unknown apps causing lost signal.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BrianR, Dec 1, 2009.

1. BrianR

BrianR Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I searched and couldnt find anything.

PROBLEM: Even in areas that I know I have great Sprint coverage, my phone is not connecting to the network and I have no phone signal - "No Service". (WiFi works fine.)

This is the second time this has happened. The last time was last week - I had just installed about 5 new apps (games), rebooted the phone, and I had "No Service". I uninstalled the new apps, rebooted, and service was regained.

Tonight, I didnt install anything NEW, but a handful of apps had updates (Where, Twidroid, Voice Recorder, TWiT.tv, Depth of Field Calculator.)

Actually, now that I think of it, that was my first reboot since I installed ShopSavvy.

I'll uninstall ShopSavvy and Voice Recorder - I dont use the recorder at all - and see where that gets me. But does anyone else have this problem, or am I the only lucky one?

Advertisement

2. BrianR

BrianR Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Just an FYI, I only uninstalled Voice Recorder, rebooted, and all is well.

I'm still curious if anyone else has this problem, and honestly, it really doesnt tell me what the problem is - only that the random solution I chose happened to work.

3. BrianR

BrianR Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Another interesting thing that may not be, but seems to be related: both my BatteryLife and AudioManager widgets have stopped working at the same time as the loss of signal - and both last time, and this time, fixing the signal problem did not solve the widget problem.

Bugs make phones fun.

Tags: