1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unknown Grey Bar freezes Home Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Messy Paula, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Messy Paula

Messy Paula Lurker

I have a ZTE Axon 7. Starting 4 days ago, I have sporadically had a grey bar pop up just below the notifications bar on the home screen. The word "partners" is in white on the left hand side. When this happens, the screen freezes and nothing works except for the notifications which I can pull down. Clearing the notifications does not remove the "partners" bar. I can get rid of the "partners" bar temporarily by restarting the phone. Does anyone else have this problem? . I am hesitant to factory reset my phone is fully functional when I don't have the "partners" bar.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Try clearing your browser's cache. This could be some dodgy ad script malfunctioning.

Of course it could also be an adware problem of some other sort, but if so it will require identifying and removing the app, so it's worth trying the above quickly just in case.

Of course it could be some other malfunctioning app as well. It doesn't sound like a system feature. Any apps updated or installed shortly before it started would be suspects.

ZTE Axon 7 Forum

The ZTE Axon 7 release date was June 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 20MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3250mAh battery.

June 2016
Release Date
Reviews