• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unknown icon on notification panel.

t12b25

Android Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2012
Miami , Fl
Hi everybody, I've got this icon on my notification panel that looks like the sync icon, but it's not because my sync is off. I'm including a screen shot any ideas?. Thank you for the help ,
Anthony .

Attachments

• 1454269755747.jpg
    1454269755747.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 89
Usually I believe icons to the right are system app icon's so are you sure something isn't syncing? I have Gmail sync turned off in my account settings, but catch the phone still syncing and delivering me new Gmail emails. So there's that too.
I have syncing off, emails to through aqua mail manually. If it is syncing something I don't know what it is. I just got back from vacation, I had no Internet, and it was still there, it's always there . Not sure what to think. Thank you for the suggestions.
Anthony.

Upvote 0
I think your phone is backing itself up.
That's a theory I was looking for. The icon still hasn't gone away I've never had anything like this it's crazy. What makes you think it's backing itself up?. I'm curious now sorry. I just never gave that a thought. It is a possibility even with no Internet the icon is still there. Thank you for all the help.
Anthony.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones