• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unknown icon

audreyfire

Lurker
May 27, 2018
This icon was on my husbands galaxy..anyone know what app it belongs to?

Attachments

• BF7C8C36-EE6C-4D68-8FD9-989446FBAD1A.jpeg
    BF7C8C36-EE6C-4D68-8FD9-989446FBAD1A.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 240
Honestly I've never seen the icon before so I can't say where it's from but it could be something completely innocent. If I get a favourite on Twitter I get a heart icon in my notification. The twitter one looks different but it could just be a like or favourite from some social media app.

Is this the Twitter one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190404-180433_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190404-180433_Gallery.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0
Is this the Twitter one

It looks different to mine I think. I think mine is a solid white heart. Although that doesn't definitely mean it isn't. Different phones display the notifications differently and it gets even more random if the phone's rooted as those symbols can differ between roms.

Upvote 0
Side question, why rooted and custom ROM on your S8? One UI is great :p

I'm one of the unlucky ones who's never had fully functional message notifications ever since Google introduced doze. I've had a few Samsung and Sony phones since and they never seem to come through on time. Even though I've set up all my message apps to ignore doze once my phone enters it they never come though one at a time, instead they all come through once an hour or whenever I unlock my phone. The funny thing is that on my old Sony Z5 there was a stamina mode which did the exact same thing with the only difference being it actually worked. Then one update later doze replaced stamina and nothing's been right since. So long story short, the main reason I root is so that I can use Boeffla Doze Control to disable doze and take back control of when I get my notifications. Better than waiting for when Google feels kind enough to actually send them my way :p

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones