1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unknown Upgrade Notice

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Zetro Track, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Zetro Track

Zetro Track Lurker

Hi
    For 2-3 days I am getting following upgrade notice at my home screen:
    "The latest version is detected (7.1.34.29) Do you want to upgrade"
    There no window title or app. Is it a virus? or something else? How can I investigate it?
    Please check the attached screenshot.
    Regards

Attached Files:

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

There is some app that is trying to update, even though it is already running on the latest version. Without knowing what apps you have, it will be very difficult to isolate the culprit.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Go into your Settings > System > and see if there's a pending update notification there. That's what usually happens if it is a genuine manufacturer update.

KBU2 and Dannydet like this.
  4. Zetro Track

Zetro Track Lurker

Thanks for your replies.
    I have checked "System" as well as "Play Store" and no update is pending. Are you sure its not a virus?

5. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

Try this app and run it and see what it discover's if anything there that may be a Trojan or a virus on your device.

Trojan Scanner
    Google Play: 4.1
    (902)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gridinsoft.trojanscanner&hl=en_US&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dtrojan+scanner&pcampaignid=APPU_1_vV-SW4D1CdGTzwLBq4-4DA&ved=2ahUKEwjAx_Dq46jdAhXRyVMKHcHVA8cQ5YQBMAB6BAgOEAI&usg=AOvVaw3pSFzjHIMLi18Jna3Ug9Qh

6. Zetro Track

Zetro Track Lurker

Both "AVG Antivirus" as well as "Trojan Scanner" marked my mobile clean. So it means that it's a legitimate upgrade notice.