• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unkown Caller/Phone not ringing

Is this a new phone? Was it activated correctly? Can you call out on the phone? What phone number are they calling? Your actual Verizon issued phone number, or a google voice number?

I can call out on the phone, they are calling my vzw #. My phone was activiated properly and I've only got this as of this past weekend, throught last night.

I called VZW today and they said reactivate the phone, but my concern is that i dont know that it is happening until someone lets me know

Upvote 0
Does it vibrate, or are you getting absolutely nothing at all? There is a bug that causes it to stop ringing but it'll vibrate instead even when it's not in the vibrate mode, which I had the unfortunate opportunity to experience. I had to do a factory reset and recustomize my whole phone over again to fix it. I'll try to find that thread and post it here if that's what you are experiencing.

Here it is http://androidforums.com/droid-x-su...143830-help-droidx-phone-no-longer-rings.html

It also contains a link to the Moto forums with info/fixes. Nothing worked for me except the reset.

Reactions: quojo
Upvote 0
Does it vibrate, or are you getting absolutely nothing at all? There is a bug that causes it to stop ringing but it'll vibrate instead even when it's not in the vibrate mode, which I had the unfortunate opportunity to experience. I had to do a factory reset and recustomize my whole phone over again to fix it. I'll try to find that thread and post it here if that's what you are experiencing.

Here it is http://androidforums.com/droid-x-su...143830-help-droidx-phone-no-longer-rings.html

It also contains a link to the Moto forums with info/fixes. Nothing worked for me except the reset.

Thanks, I did have the double tap to silence and the turn over to silence set on. Consqently this all started when the phone started giving me problems. I removed both of those options and hopefully i wont have any further trouble.

Many many thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones