• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlimited Data 3G/4G Confirmed?

the $30 tethering from my understanding.. would not be capped. I did not ask the 4 million reps I talked to yesterday about it because it isn't a feature that I would utilize at the moment :)

If thats the case I would really drop my 60/month plan on ATT... and just use the phone... Especially when 4G becomes available in Boston(Lets go Celtics)... and New York (both of which I frequent) by the end of the summer.

The question is though.... WHICH I asked Verizon techs in stores today is if the Hotspot feature on the PRE works simultaneously with voice.... frankly the floor reps don;t know jack shit so they found a tech and he said no. Which i assumed would be the case because of the whole CDMA nature of things....

So I would assume that I wouldn't be able to simultaneously tether and use Voice until 4G is Live where I frequent...

Upvote 0
Right now I use an overdrive device as my only home internet connection.. I will give the EVO a shot at doing the same thing.. I am honestly don't think it will pull it off the way the overdrive does..

I am hoping for the best.. The overdrive gets extremely warm when it it charging I can't see that not being an issue on the EVO as well..

Upvote 0
Right now I use an overdrive device as my only home internet connection.. I will give the EVO a shot at doing the same thing.. I am honestly don't think it will pull it off the way the overdrive does..

I am hoping for the best.. The overdrive gets extremely warm when it it charging I can't see that not being an issue on the EVO as well..

I hear you. I would definitely confirm before committing to using the EVO as my main home internet connection, but still, it's pretty nice that if the phone is deemed capable, you can do it for a great price.

Also, off-topic, but your location is listed as 'bat cave.' Is that a joke, or do you actually live in Bat Cave, NC? If you do, you're pretty close by.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones