• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unlimited Roaming Data...

9to5cynic

Android Expert
Feb 20, 2011
/home/
Well, I have been pretty happy lately, using my phone to tether and whatnot... but then I got worried about data roaming and all that jazz. So I checked the data section of the sprint site for "my account", and it said Usage: XXX kb / unlimited for both Sprint Data and Sprint Roam Data.

I was pretty happy with this, but today I decided to actually check up with the customer chat people, turns out it is not unlimited, but 300mb.

Oops, I've used 400mb in 7 days >.< (Just thought it'd be nice to share this kernel of knowledge with other users out there...)

Looks like it's back to dial up for me :'(

---------
Also, was anyone else kinda disappointed with the new 2.3 update? I guess I forgot about all the sprint garbage they throw in... Back to CM7 for now.

I was wondering that too about evomattnc....

Yeah, I guess I'll have to slow down with it. It sucks cause I get no data whatsoever without roaming...

Seems like a bit of trickery to have it say "Unlimited" on the site, but not be really unlimited.

Hey, when did you become guide? I've been MIA for a week or so... First the 2.3 update and now you're a guide!?! Congrats

Upvote 0
^ Yeah, I remember reading about contracts before and after august... Mine was done in September (got the evo) but I've been with sprint for ages. And my details on the sprint site say "unlimited" so, I'm a bit confused.

At least I watched the Skyrim demo yesterday - before I was worried about roaming.

Upvote 0
Most likely an ill informed rep
Ahh, I hope you're right. :D

Dial up! In 2011!!! I'll still probably have to ease up on the roaming though, probably no more elder scrolls vids.

It did seem a bit weird that the site said one thing, and they played it like some error... but it's been that way for a month or so...

(fingers crossed: hoping for no extra charges)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones